Level : 92
Faction : Horde
Race : Blood Elf
Class : Paladin
Spec 1 : Ret
Spec 2 : Hybrid

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

Are you applying for a raid spot (yes for raider, no for social). For raiders we expect you to be 110 already and a minimum ilevel of 930+ and ap level 63:
No

IRL Name:
Chris

Character name (xxxìllídânrâëgxxx makes our skin crawl...):
Caynelerona

Realm you are from (if not from QT/AN, please confirm you are alright with transfering to either QT or AN):
Quel'thalas

Approximate age (dont worry, we don't care about your exact age, but we do prefer to be told if you are under 18):

What Class are you and what is your main spec?:
Paladin - retribution

Secondary spec:
Either, I don't know yet

Why did you pick this particular class to play? Bonus points for long-winded dramatic answers.:
Ooh, you actually *want* a long-winded answer? You asked for it! It isn't terribly dramatic though, sorry in advance to those reading it...

Paladin is a class that I have enjoyed playing in various games for a long time - I enjoy the class fantasy, and the feeling of being a righteous bringer of pain. In WoW, I enjoy the Paladin because I can play as any role (apart from ranged dps, and who wants to have to stand so far away from the boss?) I like only being able to see the feet of a boss!

I started playing as a Paladin in WotLK, and although it was only an alt, it was my favourite alt to log onto and try to complete some of the weekly raid quests with - rarely with much success, but that is pugging things for you! It became my main (alternating with a resto druid) through most of Cataclysm, and it was the only character that I leveled up to 90 in MoP before I decided that I had to abandon the game.

I'm now back, with a shiny new account (I have no idea what happened to the old one, I think I lost the email address for it...) and a shiny new Paladin which I'm attempting to level up - it seems to take a long time, and I'm only just into the new content since I last played...

*tl;dr* I like Paladins, okay?

Should the need call for it, are you willing to swap to your off-spec and is this something you might enjoy in the long run? Negatively answering this question will not hinder your applications success.:
Yes

Synergie raids on wednesday-, thursday- and sundaynight from 20:00 to 23:00 (server time/GMT). Are you able to attend at least two (2) of these nights on a regular basis?:
Yes

Is there anybody in the guild who can vouch for you on a personal (or skillbased) level?:
No

Although we do recruit 'fresh' raiders, do you have any prior raid experience? For obvious reasons, please state the difficulty (and if relevant, prior/current guild) at which you completed this content. LFR isn't raiding and you know it.:
I haven't played WoW for several years, I'm just starting to get back into it again. I raided in WotLK and Cataclysm, and then left in the early part of MoP. My best raiding progression was 8/12 heroic 10 man in Icecrown Citadel, but I did also clear most Cataclysm heroic raids - just not all of them while they were current. I haven't raided since then, so I'll probably have to spend the odd year clearing the rust and dust off! I don't know if raiding is something that I want to get back into or not, to be honest - I'm currently trying to enjoy the leveling experience.

Don't think too highly of this question, but it is an important one.

Although Synergie is a casual guild, during raid nights wipes are inevitable and it will cost you a significant amount of mental resilience to not throw your keyboard at innocent creatures when someone refuses to move out of the fire.

Are you capable of maintaining your composure whilst taking 'orders' that you might not necessarily agree with? TL;DR - Are you NOT a salty rager who doesn't listen?:
Yes, I've never raged at a game

Tell us something about yourself. Who are you? What do you do? Why do you want to raid with Synergie and what do you expect from us? Detailed answers will significantly improve your chances of success.:
At the moment, I'm mainly hunting for a social guild. I'm happily leveling alone, but sometimes it is awfully quiet. I'm playing a bit of a game with trying to make LFG groups talk in dungeons, but it's not going terribly well. Some people do talk though! I think that the rest think I'm a little crazy...

I might like to pick up raiding, but I'm aware that I'm not up to the level that you must expect (in more ways than one - I'm not even level 110, forget about itemlevel!) but it's not a priority in my life at the moment.

Outside of playing games, I'm an engineer based in England, although I do travel a little for work from time to time. I also enjoy running and cycling to get outside the house - it's not a scary place, and the sun doesn't bite you as long as you don't stare at it!

If you have absolutely anything else to say or the other boxes weren't big enough - put it here. Also, please type the word "meow" to prove you are reading this. We go hard on reading comprehension skills. :
Why do I have to meow? I'm not a cat!

On another topic, your homepage instructs me to read the Rules - but I admit that I didn't manage to find them anywhere on the website! Where are they hiding?

Once your application has been submitted, the officers will discuss it and return to you with an answer within a week.

He will handle your case and vouch for a second opinion, but do note that the outcome of this decision is final.

All in all, thank you for showing interest in Synergie and slogging through that wall of text. We hope to hear from you soon.

On behalf of the Synergie Officer Cadre.

Herzogg, Elemental Shaman

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 3x a Month
Monday -> 3x a Month
Tuesday -> 3x a Month
Wednesday -> 3x a Month
Thursday -> 3x a Month
Friday -> 3x a Month
Saturday -> 3x a Month
Rokhshasa
Officers
Synergie Forum Master

re: APPROVED - App: Caynelerona - by Rokhshasa

Very well written! Gladly accepted! Whisper me (Telaendril) ingame or any other member and we'll get you sorted.

Welcome!

Caynelerona
Socials
Newbie of the Syn Forums

re: APPROVED - App: Caynelerona - by Rokhshasa

Sorted, thank you!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Synergie Forum Index -> Applications All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Who's Online
Discord
Site Contributions